To see all commented posts, click Comments under Links to your right.
- Betty What a great story. Friends stay with you forever if they are true friends. It sounds like your friend Skoge is one of those. Hope which ever way your summer takes you have a great time. I’ll wait for another chapter.
- Skoge Thank you for the memories. I remember I always called Golden Grain “Golden Groin.” Anytime I smell Chocolate I think of that place as it was also Ghiradelli Chocolates. Do you remember “Scuffles,” the nearly dead Norwegian Rat at Mike Cotten’s? You let this big old rat into the place. After setting out poison Scuffles was nearly dead when I scooped it up in a box and set it outside the door for the garbage and in the middle of the night one of the winos in the neighborhood thought the box contained something valuable and walked off with it. He must have stuck his hand in the box because I remember hearing him yelling out, “Oh, Sh#$!!!” And finding Scuffles’ body the next day, about half block away and in the middle of the street.
- Jim Oh I remember that rat really well. I was standing in the metal sliding doorway smoking (back when I smoked :-) and I saw that thing slinking along the wall to my right and it dove into the place right by my feet. As proof of my malleable constructs theory I don’t remember the damned rat’s name or the wino encounter. Very good Skoge!
- Betty I’m so sorry your lunch wasn’t good. I hate it when you expect one thing and get another. I love oriental food. I made chow mien and rice it went very fast. Thanks again for the birthday song.
- Sally what do you expect in green jello and funeral potato land….
- Jim Your great-grandson was listening to your birthday song on the IPad while they were leaving Graceland yesterday. Hey, he could have been playing Elvis!
- Jim That pretty much sums it up :-) and Idaho hicks does not apply to my friends born and raised here, just to those that foolishly open Chinese restaurants.
- Betty video wouldn’t play.
- Betty nice pictures.
- Betty Thanks for the information. Yes a lot of candles but the number candles work much better.
- Skoge Aww! Our new cat, Chrissie, has a favorite bush in the backyard where she can spy on the birds and sleep. Bet Piper is looking forward to warm summer days. We’ve been in the 80′s for the last few days.
- Jim Same here, great weather! Send Chrissie pictures…
His & Hers
- Betty I hate out houses. I used one until I was 15. The spiders made it hard to just do my business. I so do enjoy a bathroom in the house.
- Betty Shit happens. Made for a interesting afternoon right?
- Jim If it had been my fault, I would have bought their next lunch.
- Rod I am sure that all 3 of your clients are glad to have you around. Just kidding. It sounds like you have the system down pat. Have a good summer, with that job you need the rest. I go in for minor surgery on my big toes today and tomorrow I will have a visit from Leonard Shumway who is on vacation and coming down for a visit. Haven’t seen him in over two years. Have my gardens in now and look forward to some fish harassing. Say HI to Steph for us.
- Betty Sounds like you will have another great summer. I miss the trips Wendy and I had back when we could travel. Wish we could do it some more.
- Jim It’s just two clients old buddy, and only one is glad to have me around. The other is really old and doesn’t even know my name :-)
I knew you would appreciate a flawless winter since we dealt with too many flawed ones. Tell Leonard hi for me!
Fix those toes, catch some fish and I will really try to see you two when I get to WA this summer.
- Jim Road trip to our house…
- Sally SALLY LIKES THIS
- Jim Jim likes Sally :-)
- Betty Those darn things are showing up every where. Even where they have never been before.. I’ve been through a few of them didn’t like them at all.
- Sheila i so want to put my feet in that creek!! what a beautiful spot
- Sally Beautiful.
Was she snoring? LOL Will miss you this summer.
- Jim One day last week a bunch of young cows were lounging around drinking from the creek. It is peaceful.
Hey, maybe I’ll see you during Cornucopia weekend.
- Jim Not snoring but it sure was tough walking her off the bus, and I’m sure many more bodies of water will make the blog before Fall :-)
- Betty Jim, I think this might be the prettiest picture you have ever posted. I love it. I want to have a picnic right there watching that water.
- Jim Thank you Betty!
Little Red Tractor
- Betty Hard workers those little red tractors are. I used to ride on green John Deer tractors. It was quite fun.
- Betty Hope she didn’t pull her hair out trying to get that toy.
- Betty That’s very pretty. Might work better for the puzzles Steph does.
- Betty She didn’t like that much did she? HaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Betty Nice farm land pictures. The colors are beautiful.
- Betty That is one funny coat that dog is wearing.
- Betty Looks kind of rocky to me.
- Jim Yea, rocky and weed infested, that’s our bike park, but the locals love it!
- Betty Yard looking good. Have a great trip Steph.
- Jim Oh yea, the trip… Who’s going to mow the lawn while she’s gone?
- Betty Don’t think I’d ride that lemon. But it is a pretty truck.
- Jim The phrase riding a lemon has never entered my thought processes until now! I like the feeling of it as it flows like a brandy and lemon over my synapses on a Saturday morning.